Friday, April 26, 2013

spring is sprung?

Current work: Cherish romance (aka M&B #57)
Listening to: Chopin
Reading: Eliza Graham, The History Room (enjoying) and Jojo Moyes, The Girl You Left Behind
Gym: Cardio

It’s been a nice week. Well, until today, when it’s raining. But it’s been lovely having warm, sunny days. And seeing the new leaves come out. (This is in our back garden.)


What have I been up to this week? At the gym, I was brave on Wednesday and did some HIIT intervals on my own. Yesterday was a 1-2-1 focusing on upper body (can feel it in my shoulders today). And today was pyramid on the cross-trainer (as in start on a high level, drop one level each minute, then go back up again – I tend to do a double pyramid to fit a 20-minute session), intervals on the stepper, and run/walk intervals on the treadmill. Didn't do as well as I planned on the treadmill because I’m really tired today.

The diet? Well… it was nice to stuff my face with fresh pineapple and peaches earlier in the week, and I’ve also had a new-to-me food – rye bread. It’s not the pumpernickel type; it’s more like a dense wholemeal bread, and I’m quite tempted to try making my own. (Will also have to make normal bread, or there will be complaints from the other three members of the household. Dog doesn’t care, but he does like walking round with a bit of bread. He doesn’t eat it – just carries it. Daft spaniel.) Drinking all the water has been quite hard. And not having any hot drinks all week has been a bit of a killer for me – I did crack this morning, and that one cup of coffee was SO nice. I only have one cup of proper coffee a day anyway, so although I don’t think I’m addicted to caffeine, I do seem to function better with it. And I think I should allow myself a cup of tea in the afternoon, too.

The book – seems to be going OK, touch wood.

So how are things with you? (Or, if I can do a Joey Tribbiani… ‘How you doin’?’)

No comments: