Monday, March 25, 2013

catchup

Current work: Harlequin Romance (aka M&B #57)
Listening to: Beethoven
Reading: Liz Fielding, Anything But Vanilla (fantastic); Susanna Kearsley, Mariana (enjoying)

Many apologies – what happened to the last three weeks? Basically, I’ve been up against a deadline with a book that did NOT want to be written. The whole thing was like struggling through treacle. I’m very relieved that it’s with my editor now. In the meantime, I’m playing with my new book while I’m waiting for what I think will be mammoth revisions.

Other than that… I’ve discovered scallops. How, how, HOW can a foodie have never eaten scallops before? Littlest and I really like them with lime and chilli :o)

The weight loss is progressing nicely (touches wood to avoid jinxing that). Whether the 5:2 diet has kickstarted my metabolism, or whether eating that way is the equivalent of interval training in fitness (i.e. quickest way to see big improvements), I don’t know, but I’m very grateful that it’s working. In the last month I’ve lost almost 7lbs; given that it took me four and a half months to lose 10lbs last year, and then the scales stuck fast, I’m delighted! I’m still interested to hear what the endocrinologist has to say, next month.

I’ve been doing a bit of reading, and watching some films to refill the well (some have been, ahem, better than others – but even the ones that didn’t hit the spot were useful because it taught me to watch out for things in my own work).

What’s new with you? What have you been reading/watching?

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Fingers crossed on the "treacle" book, Kate. I'm sure it will be great! I've had 2 weeks holiday and read SO many books (Kindle is so cool - nothing to read? It's 9pm on a Sunday evening? No problem - download a book in approx 10 seconds and viola!) I'm in serious danger of causing a flood warning on the "re-fill well". Caroline x

Mary Preston said...

Congrats on the weight loss.

Kate Hardy said...

Thanks, Caroline! And I'm with you on the Kindle. It's nice to be able to get hold of what I want, when I want, and not worry about shelf space :)

Mary - thank you! x