Thursday, October 11, 2012

shooooz!

Current work: Medical (aka M&B 54)
Listening to: Lucy Rose, Like I Used To
Reading: Robyn Carr, Shelter Mountain

Lurgy is still winning, but I am getting there. Managed dance class last night, and lovely teacher Donna emailed me beforehand to let me know that my shoes had arrived.

Proper dance shoes do make a difference. The bottoms are suede, so it helps you move on a dance floor. And the buckles are easy-release (they look impressive, when on, but you can take them off in two seconds flat).


Note, I am the romance author who lets the side down because I don’t have many pairs of shoes – the ones I scuff around in every day, a pair of good running shoes, two posh (ish) pairs that do duty for author dos/lecturing, and a pair of spotty wellies. But I also have dancing shoes, now :o) And they are incredibly comfortable. It feels as if you're dancing on air.

These ones also remind me a bit of my wedding shoes, because they’re satin and the heel is identical. (Wedding shoes were obviously not this colour - they matched my dress - and were a plain court shoe.) And they have arrived at a serendipitous moment in the current book, as I've just moved a scene or two around. And yes, I have managed to get ballroom dancing into a Med :o)  (Dear ed, look away.)

So what are your favourite shoes?

3 comments:

Natalija said...

Lovely shoes, Kate! My favorite shoes are my new leather Oxford flats. Love them!

Kate Hardy said...

Thanks, Natalija! And flats are great for dog-walking :)

Mary Preston said...

I love your dancing shoes. I'm a comfort shoe person.