Thursday, July 19, 2012

do you see a pig?

Current work: Medical (aka M&B #54)
Listening to: Boccherini
Reading: Nicola Cornick, Notorious (enjoyed very much)

We had a massive storm last night, and it was glorious to watch. Once we were home, that is – driving through it wasn’t very nice, especially when the hail started. Visibility was a bit iffy, to say the least.

But, as soon as we were back, we found the best viewing spot in the house (living room window) and enjoyed the show. Even the dog (he was happier when all four of us were back, though we had left him with son).

I would love to take a really spectacular lightning photograph. Now, I know that means using a decent camera (SLR, really) and a tripod, and probably either bursts or long exposures (or maybe even both). But, by the time you’ve set all that up, you’re missing the storm. So the shots I took were hand-held on a digital compact, through glass. Although I didn’t get a spectacular photograph, when I reviewed the ones where I thought I’d just caught the reddish light at the bottom of the stormclouds, I spied this…


I see a grumpy pig, nose to the left and a big ear coming down. What do you see?

3 comments:

Caroline said...

I see a very wooly rams head with large wolly ears! Methinks I should start taking the tablets - LOL - Caroline x

Lacey Devlin said...

Aw I hope your poor car survived the hail. Darn weather!

Kate Hardy said...

Caroline - LOL. I think spotting shapes in lightning is as much fun as spotting shapes in clouds :)

Lacey - thanks. Actually, it was DH's car, not mine! But, phew, no hail damage. It'd be nice just to have some dry days. Or even a teensy appearance from the yellow ball in the sky whose name I can't remember because we haven't seen it for so long...