Friday, March 02, 2012

Daffadillies

Current work: Vienna book
Listening to: Michael Bublé
Reading: Donna Alward, A Family for the Rugged Rancher

Daffadillies? Kate gone mad (or thinking of Piccadilly and her F&M parcel)? Nope – pure showing off (‘anddaffadillies fill their cups with tears’ – Milton’s Lycidas).

Really pleased to see this peeping out in the garden yesterday (on St David’s day, too).

The border in our front garden is quite protected, but I’m hoping this means that there are spring bulbs bursting into bloom all over my dad’s grave, as I planted these the same day.

Yesterday was also World Book Day. Daughter has a £1 book token to spend, so you can guess where we’re going tomorrow morning :o)

Dance class on Wednesday was fun, as we added in a joint spot turn. Weirdly, last week, DH and I could do the single spot turns. This week, no chance – he stomped on my toes! (Newly pedicured, thanks to my lovely mate Jo at Forget-me-not Footcare - she’s a qualified chiropodist as well as a beautician and I am soooo tempted to pitch something to my ed, because feet are really
interesting and Jo indulged me by letting me grill her. Dear ed…)

And I was also thrilled to discover yesterday that I’m #7 in the M&B’s top 10 bestseller list for ‘The Ex Who Hired Her’ – thank you very much to everyone who put me there! :o)

And, of course, it's publication day today for that book and 'Dr Cinderella's Midnight Fling'.


New hair last night, ready for the RNA awards do on Monday (excited about that, or what?); and then had some excellent news on our return home, as daughter has been offered a place at her first choice school.

Definitely a red letter day :o)

5 comments:

Catherine J said...

It's lovely to see signs of spring. Good luck for Monday!

Carol Warham said...

Good luck on Monday, have a great time.

Nell Dixon said...

I love daffodils - my favourite flower. Have a lovely time on Monday

Liz Fielding said...

We have catkins, Kate. Don't you jut love spring!

And congrats on your ankle-biter getting her first place school. Lovely for her, big relief for you.

See you Monday!

Bluestocking Mum said...

I love daffodils - always brighten my day. Good luck today at the awards. Sure you'll have a great time
xx