Wednesday, January 04, 2012

sad news

Current work: new book
Listening to: Bach
Reading: next on TBR

So far the new year has been a bit of a rollercoaster, starting with very sad news about Penny Jordan passing away. I began devouring her books as a teen; Penny, Charlotte Lamb and Sara Craven were the authors who really inspired me. She’ll be very greatly missed by readers and writers around the world, and although I didn’t know Penny very well (and could never dream to aspire to her kind of elegance) I did meet her a few times at RNA/M&B dos, and talked to her about our shared love of dogs by email. Rest in peace, Penny.

Everything else I was going to write feels a bit too trivial right now, so I’m going to stop here. When I mentioned the rollercoaster – there is some nice stuff going on, too, but at the moment it has to stay under wraps. Will reveal all the very second I can do so, because I'm all in favour of sharing the good stuff.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean Kate...Penny's death has left me shock.
lx

Caroline said...

So sad to hear of Penny's death. Like you I cut my teeth on her books all those years ago. Caroline x