Monday, January 23, 2012

awesome sauce

Current work: new book
Listening to: Joe Bonamassa
Reading: next on TBR

Am now officially in love with my iMac. And playing with photos is definitely on the ‘not allowed until daily word quota done’ list. iPhoto is just AWESOME, and I don’t use that word a lot – it really has stunned me that I can put in keywords, so for example I can press a button and pull up all the photographs I’ve tagged as son’s or daughter’s birthday, or all the sunsets, or all the rainbows. For a nerd like me who’s built databases from scratch (so I get how it works)… I just love this, and I am so giving myself a pleasure project over the next few months of scanning in favourite photographs from the years before I had a digital camera. (Obviously that’s after I’ve done my daily tortoising. I would say I’m being good but that’s a fib as I’ve been messing about with my photos all weekend!)

Car went in for a service this morning (all fine – as expected, as it was the first service), and that gave me time to have a cup of coffee in M&S to wake up ready for my training in the Apple shop. Although I’d booked an intro session, I had a few questions on things that were holding me back, and James was brilliant – instead of sticking strictly to the session parameters, he answered my questions and showed me how to do what I wanted to do (I’m a kinaesthetic learner so this was perfect for me). I have another session booked in a fortnight, and no doubt by then I’ll have more questions, but for now I’m having a lot of fun with this and am much more relaxed.

Still on the awesome sauce front, I have a special guest here tomorrow – one of my favourite writers (and I mean in all senses – she’s a lovely woman, a good friend and I’ve loved her books for years). Come back and see what she has to say…

1 comment:

Lacey Devlin said...

I haven't heard of iPhoto before but I love the sound of it! Have fun scanning in all those photos :)

I'll see you and your special guest tomorrow!