Wednesday, November 30, 2011

strike day

Current work: medical
Listening to: well, yesterday was playing - acoustic version of 'In the Bleak Midwinter')
Reading: Amy Silver, All I Want for Christmas (enjoyed and put me in a very Christmassy mood)

Today is strike day. Am keeping this apolitical, so let’s just say it means I have both children at home today instead of a normal working day. We’re going to put the wreaths on my parents’ graves and then go and spend some time with my stepmum. I also need to shoehorn in some work, the weekly shop (OK, so I get it delivered – but that saves me an hour of dragging round the supermarket and the misery of the queues on the roads/roundabouts by said supermarket), print out the labels for Christmas card addresses (no, that isn’t nerdy, that’s saving a LOT of time) and start the Christmas wrapping (hmm… can I co-opt littlest into this?).

Had some good news yesterday: lovely ed likes my new outline, with a couple of caveats. So I know what I’m doing for the book after this one, meaning everything is planned now for the next two months. It’s possibly a bit odd that someone in a creative job needs structure and order… but hey. Works for me.

No comments: