Friday, December 03, 2010

update - Dec 3

Spent the day at Dad's bedside yesterday. Made the decision to come home while it was still light and before the roads got treacherous (main one is OK but the road to the home is a single-track, ungritted road that goes on for a mile, has about two passing places, and it's twisty and hilly and not very nice). I think my mum might be looking out for me, because this part of Norfolk (touch wood, please please stay this way) hasn't had the big snow dump and I can get to Dad.

He had a comfortable night but is still the same today (albeit with much shallower breathing). I'll be going over later this morning.

It's officially publication day - A Christmas Knight in the UK and US (and in advance from the Mills & Boon website in Australia) and Red Wine and Her Sexy Ex in the US. But I hope you'll forgive me for not being quite in the mood to be professional author, all rah-rah-rah publicity and talking about the books/updating my website properly. Right now, being there for Dad at the end is my top priority.

Stay safe if you're in awful weather conditions, and have a good weekend. Mine, I hope, will bring peace, because Dad's really suffered enough. Bless you all, and thanks to those who've emailed me, texted me, left nice messages here or on FB. It helps in what's been a very raw week. xxx

6 comments:

Miss Bougie said...

My heart goes out to you. I've been there myself, twice. It's a very difficult time. Will leave a candle for your Dad and for you the next time.
Stay safe and rely on your hubby and kids.
Hugs

Nicolette said...

Huge hugs, Kate.

Anonymous said...

Big hugs, Kate! Draw on the strength of your family and friends to help you through this very tough time. My thoughts are with you.

Chris.

Unknown said...

THinking of you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Many blessings.

mpe

Caroline said...

Oh Kate - your message brought a tear to my eye. Bless you, and your family at this time. All my love Caroline x