Wednesday, June 30, 2010

a double whoo-hoo day

Current work: Venice book
Listening to: Sheryl Crow (who has a new album out soon – am looking forward to that) and Newton Faulkner
Reading: next on TBR (still too hot and sticky to concentrate – I don’t mind ‘dry’ Mediterranean heat, but really can’t cope with hot and humid weather. Kew Gardens used to have a glasshouse with thirteen different climates, and I loved the cool and humid one, aka the cloud forest. But hot and humid, as it's been here for three awful nights, brings me to my knees very quickly!)

Definitely a double whoo-hoo day, today.

Firstly, my ed liked the revisions (huge relief, there), so the Penhally book has been accepted – that’s my 45th M&B sold since November 2001. The kids immediately started on the countdown to #50, slave-drivers that they are. Actually, I was due to give my agent the ideas for the next contract, which takes me past #50 – hmm, that’s a bit scary!

Secondly, the school concert last night was brilliant. My baby played beautifully and I was incredibly proud of her; it was the first time she’d played an instrument at a school concert. Actually, all the kids did a fantastic job and they’d all clearly worked very hard, along with the music teachers. This was one of the real highlights of the school year for me. Well done to all of them, including the hard-working teachers. (And yes, of course I’ve written to the head to say so. Credit where it’s due.) I took a video on my phone, and converted it so that it would play on the iPad, so I might take it to show Dad next week. Hopefully he will be rather more lucid than he was yesterday (was quite a painful visit, bless him) and will be able to enjoy it.

9 comments:

Carol Townend said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol Townend said...

Sorry, can't type this morning! Just wanted to say congrats your revisions have been accepted!

Lacey Devlin said...

Whoo-hoo!
Whoo-hoo!

;)

Unknown said...

Yay! Congratulations on the Penhally revisions and well done to your little girl.:)

I'm with you on the heat. I lived in Cyprus quite happily but the humidity we suffer in the UK is beyond a joke. Even my dogs are suffering...

linda margaret said...

Congrats on the acceptance of the revisions of book 45!! Well done. You have managed to keep your "voice" as fresh in your later books as in the very early ones.

I am with you on hot and humid. We get a fair amount of it in our part of the world in summer. I would be able to get nothing at all done without AC.

Michelle Styles said...

Hooray for you!!!

45 is a huge achievement in such a short space of time and I know what a struggle this book was.

Hooray for your daughter!

Caroline said...

Congrats on the 45th book! I still gulp when I read "45 books since 2001" - that is so seriously scary writing. Caroline x

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

Congrats Kate, you're a marvel!

Kate Hardy said...

Thanks, all - I'm stil utterly thrilled (and I got some sleep last night, so I might be back in business today...)

xxx