Wednesday, March 03, 2010

nice for swans

Current work: Medical and nonfic
Listening to: Sheryl Crow
Reading: next on TBR

Water is deeper today – road closed in Taverham, didn’t dare risk Costessey Weir, and the fields through Hellesdon are still an extension of the river (but thankfully the road is passable). The swans were having a fine time. (No pics because I was driving. Just imagine the scene. Trees growing from the middle of a river that stretches across the whole field… and which I know is usually dry land. Ducks bobbing about, looking pleased. Swans being regal, drifting across the water. Oh, and you to listen mentally to a certain cello piece by Saint-Saëns. All relaxing and pretty.)

Plan for today: polish a letter (let’s just leave it that it’s one where all the letters are after my name, which I only do when I’m being firm; I don’t enjoy being strident, but sometimes you just have to when the person you’re dealing with is being woolly, to stop things slipping any further), work, dentist (is a check-up, but I have scarier dental visits booked for this month) and… work.

4 comments:

Jan Jones said...

Fortitude, sweetie.

Sharon Kendrick said...

Oh, come on, my appetite is whetted - just WHO is the recipient of the letter?!

Kate Hardy said...

Jan - deep breaths and trying to ignore the Hotel Chocolat bag stashed on my desk...

Kate Hardy said...

Sharon - email forthcoming ;o)