Monday, March 15, 2010

Finished…

Current work: Finished the Med :o)
Listening to: Muse and Radiohead
Reading: next on TBR

I have been working very, very hard and turned in my manuscript this morning at 5am. (Confession: I finished it last night, was too tired to read it through, but woke up at 4am because I’m a lark and decided to do the final readthrough – this was just picking up the odd typo and no material changes. I’m a fast reader.)

Which means I can flop, right?

Er… No.

Today I have the WI talk; tomorrow is the RNA lunch (which means early start and late finish); Wednesday I have a guitar lesson and need to print out the book for my agent (which means I will be going to the post office, so anyone who's been waiting for something from me - your time is now); Thursday I’m having lunch with a friend (which involves a bit of travelling). Ah, Friday. Friday I can flop. Except the Essex book is due this week, so maybe not.

To do today: nap (in a minute), school run, book taxi, check notes for talk, work on Essex book while thinking about what I'm going to wear - girly skirt or posh black trousers?, do make-up, last run through talk, do talk and remember signed copies of book for raffle prizes as promised, school run (hmm, is late one, might be able to weasel out of that), work on Essex book.

Yeah, it’s a normal Monday…

5 comments:

Nell Dixon said...

Yay on finishing! See you tomorrow at the lunch - squee!!!

Sheila Norton said...

Have fun at the lunch. Wish I was coming now! I WILL come to something soon. x

Unknown said...

Congrats on finishing. What a great feeling!

Have fun at the lunch. I'd go for posh black trousers - but I always do. ;o)

Victoria Lamb said...

Ah, the RNA lunch. I wish I was coming too!!

But I couldn't have managed the expense of two consecutive days in London, and my meeting with Luigi today was a massive success - not only did he love the partial and synopsis, but he's already discussed it with a big publisher, who is apparently 'very excited' by it!

So it looks like I have an agent again, after a decade out on my own. Roll on the good times ...

Still wish I could go to the lunch though!

Lacey Devlin said...

Yay on finishing! Boo that you can't flop :D