Monday, June 01, 2009

Happy June and wonderful weekend

Current work: Modern Heat
Listening to: Bon Jovi (at son’s request. DH removes it when he puts my car in the garage. Which I don’t do because I don’t want to scrape it…)
Reading: Crazy for You, Jennifer Crusie (enjoying so far)

Happy June – and here’s this month’s calendar pic. (How many years is it since I spelled out things in alphabetti spaghetti?)


Had a truly wonderful weekend with lots of lovely things happening.

Still overexcited about having a Romantic Times Top Pick (this is a big deal, actually, as it’s my first ever).

Picked up car on Friday morning and it’s a dream to drive – well, not that I got to drive it much on Friday. DH hates being a passenger; he’s such a pain (fiddling with buttons rather than reading the manual first: ‘What does this do?’… arrgh) that it’s much better for my blood pressure to let him drive. He likes the Corsa a lot more than my Clio – and, to my surprise, so do I. There are still things I need to get used to (the remote controls for the stereo are on the steering wheel instead of on a stalk, plus there’s this ‘soft touch’ thing on the indicators that feels REALLY weird) but I have confidence in the car; much nicer than the last two or three months in the Clio, where I’ve been completely paranoid that it’s going to break down in the middle of nowhere.

Got home to discover message from lovely ed: revisions are absolutely fine, she’s pleased with the book, and #39 has been accepted. Whoo-hoo. (Title and release date tbc – working title was The Emergency Doctors’ Second Chance but I’m expecting Marketing to change it to something with more buzzwords.)

Saturday: discovered that the Norfolk Miscellany is in the Jarrolds bestseller chart, yippee. (And Suffolk Ghosts and Legends is now listed on Amazon – no cover yet, but it’s out in 2 weeks’ time. Yippee.)

Sunday: family barbecue – and there’s nothing better than spending time with my favourite people in the world. The weather was glorious and we all ate too much and talked too much and laughed too much, and it was just fantastic. Bit that made me laugh most? When I made cookies in the morning. Son bounces in. 'I can has cookie? LOL!' (While I'd been baking, he'd been on my PC looking up Lolcats.) Son has excellent comic timing.

Today, it’s back to school for the kids and back to work for me. I still haven’t confessed completely about the setting, but I did tell my ed that this is a light and fun and frothy book...

PS Dealing with crows post coming tomorrow.

4 comments:

Nell Dixon said...

Congratulations on being a top pick!

Unknown said...

Many congrats on being a RT top pick. Thoroughly deserved.

I know exactly what you mean about men, cars and not reading manuals. Sigh. Glad you like your new car.

Michelle Styles said...

Hooray on the acceptance!!!
And congrats again on being a top pick -- something to savoured. And it was thoroughly deserved as well!

Jan Jones said...

Congrats, Kate! And light+frothy sounds good.

Oh, and daughter&I frequently converse in LOLcat-ese. Confuses everyone else no end.