Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lovely review, puppies and congrats

Current work: fic and nonfic
Listening to: Bach
Reading: various research stuff

Am on screaming deadline and there’s some stressy real-life stuff going on (to do with Dad, so not blogging about it: just take it as read that he’s having a bad patch and it’s pretty upsetting), so forgive me for being slack on the blog front.

First up, lovely review from cataromance for The Children’s Doctor’s Special Proposal. See the full review here, but I’m going to share the trumpet-blowing stuff (hey, that’s what authors are supposed to do – it’s called PR, even though to this particular Brit it feels like showing off – and besides, I need a bit of anti-crow material today):

Kate Hardy never ceases to amaze me! She is amazingly prolific and consistently delivers enchanting and engrossing romantic novels that never fail to make me laugh and cry. In The Children Doctor’s Special Proposal, she has created two wonderful characters – strong, smart and adorable Katrina who is simply inspirational and gorgeous Rhys, a thoroughly believable and well-rounded hero every woman would just love to love. The Children Doctor’s Special Proposal is a sensitively written, intensely moving and wonderfully captivating Medical Romance from a writer who is simply superb: Kate Hardy!

Thank you, Julie Bonello, for putting a smile on my face on what’s been a bit of a tough week.

Secondly, I have puppy envy. Go and see my mate Pat’s new addition to her family here.

And thirdly, because I’m trying very hard to do the glass half-full bit, let me share with you the tale of a dopey author. I have caller ID on my phone. When I see ‘international’, I think ‘call centre being irritating’ or ‘ah... possible scam that will give me a big phone bill’. So last night, the phone rang. Caller ID said international. Only after I’d ignored it did it hit me: the RITA phone calls are going out at the moment. Had I just ignored a call that would’ve been a really, really nice call to take?

Well, here I am 12 hours later with no return phone call, so I’m guessing my original thoughts were correct. I probably got completely the wrong day for RITA calls (I can’t get my head around time differences, and it’s worse when I’m talking to my author mates in Aussie and the US at the same time and it’s a different day for both of them.) But it was nice to think, for just a few minutes, that I might be a star.

However, I do know someone who is a star and has just been shortlisted for the CRW Award of Excellence, so do go and congratulate lovely Liz Fielding.

6 comments:

Michelle Styles said...

The rita calls go out today. 25 March generally between 1 pm and 10 pm. The full list will be on the RWA site by 10 pm our time. It will be interesting to see who is on the lists.

Katrina's story is a very good one and thoroughly enjoyable.

Unknown said...

I have puppy envy, too. Must go and see them...

Brilliant review. Lovely crow ammunition... :o)

So sorry to hear your dad's having a bad patch. Sending lots of hugs.

Amy Andrews said...

Hugs Kate on the family stuff but big congrats on the lovely review.
xx

Kate Hardy said...

Thanks, Michelle - for both :o)

Kate Hardy said...

Shirley, you'll end up dognapping them :o)

Yup, it's a baddie. Thanks for the hug. Going to have to ask for another deadline extension, sigh (and it's easter holidays in 10 days. I could cry.)

Kate Hardy said...

Thanks, Amy.