Thursday, March 12, 2009

deep in the middle...

Current work: nonfic (impossible to write fiction right now)
Listening to: Corelli
Reading: Nina Harrington, Always the Bridesmaid (lovely debut – I loved the busy-busy-busy heroine, and her job, and her warmth, and the hero was pretty gorgeous too)

The car is fixed (thank you, lovely Renault dealer), and even better it was under warranty so I avoided the huge unexpected bill.

Mr Strawberry is still... bright red. And driving me insane. He’s itchy and bored. Hence constant interruptions, or turning up the volume on the stereo so he can hear it outside in the garden... um, could he not just use the stereo in the kitchen, which is nearer to the garden and won’t disturb me? Not to mention the fact that he keeps waking in the night, and that means I get woken, too. I seem to be hissing the words ‘stop scratching’ constantly: all he needs now is to get the spots infected.

Meeting went OK this morning. But I am up to my eyes. Frustrated, wanting to get on with things, and... trying to be nice.

So instead of growling I’ll post a pic. Deep in the middle of Norfolk.


This is from the layby almost opposite the church next to Dad’s. I wasn’t joking about single-track road (at this point, you can see mainly layby). Just by the big tree on the right is the only other passing place between the layby and the ‘main’ (B) road; it’s a very, very soft verge, so I always have my fingers crossed as I turn onto the road and hope that there isn't another vehicle coming the other way...

4 comments:

Jan Jones said...

Hmm - looks like a good place to take a laptop for a coupla hours and NOT BE DISTURBED

Anonymous said...

Hope DH is a lot better today and things are more stable :-)

Kate Hardy said...

Jan - oh, wouldn't it just? :o)

Kate Hardy said...

Ray - nope, still bright red and itchy :o( But thanks for the sympathy.