Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

Current work: nonfic (and thinking about Med revisions)
Listening to: Kate Rusby, Sweet Bells
Reading: Alberto Manguel, The Library at Night

Wishing you a very happy Christmas and a peaceful, worry-free new year.

And thank you to the people who’ve made my working life so happy this year – my wonderful and wise agent, Dot Lumley, who knows when to rein me back and when to let me fly; my equally wonderful and wise editor at M&B, Sheila Hodgson; the team at Breedon, Halsgrove and How To Books; my ‘research team’ who don’t mind me hijacking family days out as long as I buy chocolate cake, and especially my husband, who’s the most brilliant support ever; reviewers who’ve been so kind (especially Julie from Cataromance and Sandra from Romantic Times and the readers at eHarlequin); the judges of the RNA Romance Prize; the panel who drew up the shortlist for the East Anglian Book Awards; my fellow authors who’ve been there to celebrate the good times and give me a hug/pep talk when needed; and most of all to my readers, who’ve bought my books in the shops and borrowed them from libraries, then written to tell me how much you’ve enjoyed them.

Merry Christmas – and thank you – to you all. I couldn’t write without you.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you too, lovely Kate. Hope its peaceful and perfect. xxx

Nell Dixon said...

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you, too, Kate! Hope your littlies enjoy it and get perfect prezzies.

juliemt said...

I hope you and your loved ones have a wonderful Christmas and a happy, healthy, successful and worry-free 2009!

As always, it's been an absolute pleasure to review your books!

Pat Posner said...

Happy Christmas to all of You

xxPat, Peter and Tessa B!

Donna Alward said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Kate!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Kate Hardy said...

Thank you, all - hope you had as lovely and peaceful and fun a day as we did here!