Tuesday, September 16, 2008

and about time, too

Current work: need to tidy most office, after FINISHING THE BOOK!
Listening to: OneRepublic (second half of the album, i.e. the ones without the clappy machine)
Reading: Oh bliss, I get to read again tonight…

At last. The book is done and on my editor’s desk.

I’m pretty sure I’m going to get revisions, but as I’m too close to this book to see the problems/solutions (the heroine’s conflict needs beefing up, though I can’t see how, right now) I will really appreciate my editor’s input.

Library day worked out well yesterday – I really enjoyed having the space. Couldn’t write in the library (I hate people looking over my shoulder when I’m working) so I did some research. Interesting stuff.

Guitar this morning; Jim made me work hard on something I find difficult: working out rhythm, and the intervals between notes (i.e. writing out the Green Day tune that’s been in my head for the whole of this book, but doing it without a) music and b) using my guitar to double-check said intervals).

Tomorrow, I was planning to take Dad out, but he forgot he has a hospital appointment so we’re putting lunch back to next week. This is, however, a good thing because it means I do have a whole day at home this week – I can sort out my desk, get my thoughts together before I start on the Med, and sort out some other stuff I owe people (e.g. a PHS post and a couple of articles for the RNA). Ha, have probably just jinxed myself by saying that. But hopefully I will get peace and quiet. Not too much to ask for, is it?

No comments: