Monday, July 14, 2008

busybusy

Current work: admin/nonfic/MH book 2 c1
Listening to: Bach
Reading: Eileen Ramsay, The Stuff of Dreams (enjoying it very much so far – have learned a lot about breathing and diction from it, too. I love books which teach me things at the same time as telling me a story)

Last full week of term, so I have to get my skates on. Busy week this week – especially Friday, with a radio interview and our headteacher’s retirement do.

Did my revisions over the weekend, but am not sure if I’ve threaded enough of the conflict in early enough. Am going to leave it for a couple of days and then take another look, because right now I’m sick of the book and I need space before I can look at it objectively. My ed’s away this week so I do have time.

Today, need to sort some admin and then get cracking on the book I’ve been tinkering with on the PDA (saved to the machine as well as the new SD card), and I’ve highlighted the new text so it’s easy to compare that version with the one on my desktop. That is, provided Madam’s feeling better this morning – last night she was complaining of feeling sick and she was very pale this morning when I looked in on her. This is my last 'proper' week's work for six weeks... Will enjoy the holidays, but I need to be very disciplined about my time now.

No comments: