Monday, June 09, 2008

fabulous review and a radio interview

Current work: Modern Heat duo book 1
Listening to: George Harrison
Reading: various nonfiction (research)

When you’ve had a slightly tricky week, it’s very gratifying at the end of it to discover a nice review of your book – especially when it’s from someone whose opinion you really respect.

Derek James from the Norwich Evening News gave me a fantastic write-up for Heroes, Villains and Victims of Norwich. ‘A cracking new book by a woman who is fast becoming one of our best-loved authors… It’s one of those books that makes you think: “Well, I never knew that.”’

Excellent. Because what I said in the intro is: ‘I hope you’ll discover tales of people new to you – tales of people who made a difference, both to Norwich and wide the wider community. People who were heroes, villains, victims – and sometimes all three because, in Norwich, we “do different”.’ Thank you, Derek.

And the radio inteview? That’s live on Radio Norwich with Keith Travis this morning at about 10.30 GMT. (99.9 FM or http://www.999radionorwich.com/ - there’s a link on the right-hand side of the masthead if you want to listen live online.) It’s with my Pamela Brooks hat on, so we’ll be talking history (though, as one of my HVV happens to be Amelia Opie, of course we’re going to talk about romance as well!).

Oh, and as we had a rather nice sunset last night... I caught it late, so that is indeed the moon you see in the top left:

2 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

Wow! On the radio! That is very cool.

Gorgeous pic, too.

Diane said...

I thought of you when I saw the moon out early last night. I thought, I bet Kate's got a cracking sunset and all I can see is the moon in a blue sky.