Thursday, May 01, 2008

Happy May Day

Current work: new nonfiction (research, bliss)
Listening to: Karine Polwart
Reading: Carol Townend, The Novice Bride (finished it last night and really enjoyed it)

May 1 already. Where does the time go? In two weeks (well, 16 days – hmm, how much blubber can I lose in that time?) I’ll be at the Lincoln Book Festival talking about romance. This is what the official site has to say:

100 Years of Romancing Readers
Start time: 6pm - 7.30pm Join in the festival's celebration of 100 years of Mills and Boon and meet romance authors Kate Walker, Trish Wylie, Natasha Oakley and Kate Hardy while enjoying a complimentary glass of Champagne courtesy of the publisher - and don't forget to pick up your goodie bag to take home too.

Location: Lincoln Drill Hall
Admission cost: £5/£3
Tel: (01522) 873894

We’ll be answering questions, discussing all sorts of things – and there are drinks, books for sale (and authors are always happy to sign them!). And we’ll be drawing the raffle for EIGHTY-FIVE books. Mostly signed. From romance authors worldwide. (Tickets are on sale May 9th -17th 2008 at the Festival Bookshop and the proceeds go to a cause very dear to my heart - Breast Cancer Research. So even if romance isn’t your thing, please buy a ticket.)

I’m off to the library this morning, then meeting a friend for coffee. And hopefully when I get home from the school run I will be able to get my teeth into revisions. (Otherwise it’s admin. My not favourite job…)

3 comments:

Michelle Styles said...

Karine Polwart is addictive. That is all I can say.
May has also come far too soon!

Jan Jones said...

Hasn't it just, Michelle!

I was going to say I hoped the M&B panel went well, but then I thought that was daft, because how can it NOT go well with such a fantastic line-up?

So I'll just wish I was there instead.

Wonder if I can buy raffle tickets online?

Kate Hardy said...

Michelle - absolutely. I also recommend Kathryn Williams. Gorgeous voice.

Jan - thanks. If you can't get tickets online, let me know how many you want and I'll get some for you :o)