Friday, February 01, 2008

Joys of impending spring (aka anti snow charms)

I am completely paranoid about snow. I hear the s-word is meant to hit us. At the moment it’s blowy but beautiful outside – bright sunshine. And I hope it stays that way. (Not blowy, obviously. But I love cold end-of-winter days where breathing in the air really wakes you up.) I really do not want to face travelling to London in snow. Particularly as there are engineering works and I have to take a bus for part of the journey.






So here are my anti-snow charms. (OK, so they’re sitting on a vase on my kitchen windowsill rather than growing in my garden, but they’re still anti-snow charms. I’m particularly pleased with these ones as they have those pretty, narrow leaves that make them look like golden stars.)

1 comment:

Jan Jones said...

Daffodils are my v fave spring flowers, Kate. And yours look beautiful.