Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy leap day - and a very good book

Current work: ought to be revisions on my Greek doctor or working on TCVB… but I have the lurgy so I'm having a duvet day
Listening to: not (I have a headache)
Reading: Jessica Hart - Promoted: to wife and mother (this is one of the best books I've read in a long while, and I think it's going to join my all-time top 5 category romance reads - it's on the shelves in the next day or two so just go and buy it - lots of depth, made me laugh, made me cry, and she's right on the money where the emotions are concerned)

Happy leap day.

I had intended to write a really clever post about leap year traditions. However, when the alarm went off this morning, there was no way I could get out of bed. The lemsips haven't worked and I felt too rough to move, let alone sort the kids out for school. Luckily my husband is completely wonderful, listened to my pathetic croaking and told me to stay put. And I spent the entire morning in bed - mainly sleeping, but then reading Jessica Hart's new book in an attempt to forget how rough I felt.

It worked.

I'm not raving about it solely because I'm blogging at her 50th book blog party in the next couple of days - it's an utterly brilliant book, and touched a few personal buttons for me. This is the standard for which I'm aiming. And if I'm not polishing the Betty Neels rosebowl before it goes back to Jessica's care next February, I will be very surprised. You heard it here first.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel much better soon Kate.

I'll be looking out for Jessica's book now. I love it when an author recommends a book that they've enjoyed.

Chris.

Anonymous said...

The new site looks lovely.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Jan Jones said...

Get better soon, hon.

Love the new site.

Diane said...

Feel better soon. If it's anything like what I've had (for a month), it's horrid.