Thursday, February 28, 2008

All change...

You may have noticed that I've switched from my rather Edwardian colour scheme (green and cream - OK, so it was probably more arsenic green than Edwardian green, but...) to something unashamedly P-I-N-K.

There's a very good reason for that.

Last year, at Kate Walker's 50th book blog party, I won a banner from the lovely and talented Heather Reed. Last year was a tad difficult, work-wise, so it took me ages to get round to talking to her about the banner. And then I had all this bright idea to learn CSS and do myself a website that will be a lot easier to update in future. Could she do me a banner?

Yep, and it's lovely.

But then real life got in the way. Big time. No way would I have the time to sit down and learn CSS properly and build the whole thing from scratch myself. So I asked Heather if she could do me the CSS shell so I'd be able to update it etc myself and fiddle with things as I get more time to read my CSS book.

So she did me proud. I have a new website. I've spent most of this week working on it (displacement activity while I'm waiting for my revisions). Heather has been wonderful about my 'I can see the code should work - so how come I'm seeing big blank areas and all my columns have vanished?' emails... in the end, we couldn't work out the answer to that - I think it might be my browser - but I worked out an alternative that I could see on the screen and check all the links.

There are bound to be glitches in there (it's a big site!) but I'll iron them out as I come across them (or as anyone tells me, hint, hint).

Do go and have a look and tell me what you think!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! It is absolutely gorgeous. My browser is Mozilla Firefox and it looks brilliant on that. I love it.

Kate said...

I love it! But then pink is my favourite colour :-)
Just one question - do you still have your calendar somewhere? I found that really useful for seeing when your books would be out in NZ.
The banner is lovely too!

Michelle Styles said...

It is lovely and very girlie. Is your dd proud?

I was pleased to see that you have kept all your recipes...

juliemt said...

It's absolutely gorgeous, Kate! I really love the new look.

Diane said...

It all looks very nice. Even the pink isn't too sugar-candy.

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL

and romantic, and feminine, and lovely! It reminds me of gorgeous, dainty cakes somehow, which can only be a very, very good thing....

Unknown said...

Wow and double wow!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, very nice! What do we bring to a page-warming party?