Tuesday, November 06, 2007

enjoying the sunshine

Current work: tail end of PM job/med duo outline/nonfiction
Listening to: Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, Raising Sand (really not sure about this – the only track that grabbed me on first listen was one written by Robert and Jimmy Page. I like their voices but sadly the songs don’t work for me)
Reading: Amy Andrews, The Italian Count’s Baby (enjoying it)

Have more or less finished the PM job – just waiting for a couple of queries to resolve. Am still dog tired (and still coughing, sigh), so am taking it relatively easy today: tinkering with an outline and doing a little work on the nonfiction. Am going to shift my accountancy meeting again, though, as I’m not feeling up to it. (I’ve cancelled my music lessons this week, too, which says a lot.) It’s sunny today so I’d love to take the dog out for a long walk – but I can’t match his pace at the moment because it makes me cough. The infection really needs to go before next Tuesday, when I’m doing a signing at Jarrolds’ customer evening.

I also need to update my website... new books...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate, Kate, Kate. Okay, here's the thing - I'm gonna be the mum now and not just because you happen to be enjoying my book at the moment.

YOU DO TOO MUCH!!!!!!

YOU ARE RUN DOWN!!!!

YOU NEED TO STOP AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF OR YOU ARE GOING TO FALL IN A REALLY BIG HEAP AND YOUR WRITING ALONG WITH EVERYTHING ELSE WILL SUFFER!!!!!

Sorry to shout but hey, you're a little deaf and you probably don't want to hear it so you've probably also turned your hearing aid off
:-)

I think this run of illnesses is A SIGN!! Ignore it at your own risk.

Please take care of yourself. We love you (and I'm not just saying that becasue your enjoying my book) :-) but because we want to read more wonderful Kate Hardy books.

Love
Amy

Kate Hardy said...

Amy - yeah, I'm going to get some multivitamins this week. (I'm taking it very easy for me, honestly.)

And did I tell you I turn my hearing aid off when I'm working, or did you just do an educated guess? *g*

It's been a stressy year. But the thing that was really stressing me lately is over and I can relax now :o)

Thanks for the concern. Big hugs back atcha.