Saturday, October 13, 2007

duvet day

Current work: um – no progress whatsoever yesterday
Listening to: Genesis, Calling All Stations
Reading: Lilian Darcy’s Café Du Jour (very, very good)

The SDP will no doubt be delighted to learn that I had a duvet day yesterday as well – with son and dog on sofa, watching Everybody Loves Raymond. Atrocious of me. (Also messed about on the piano as my new sheet music arrived.) The Genesis album is excellent – glad I bought it.

Today the headache has practically gone (though the bruise on my hand is quite spectacular now) and I might even get some work done…

4 comments:

Jan Jones said...

Sometimes you just have to listen to what your body is telling you. It knows best.

For instance this morning my daughter's Freshers-flu-ridden sore throat told her it needed ice cream just as we were passing Thornton's.

Diane said...

And I bet the duvet didn't bite either, did it? :o)

SDP rule ok.

Anonymous said...

Oh Yes, Kate, Lilian's book is most exwllent. Had a good sob at the end. Perfect for a duvet day.

Kate Hardy said...

Jan - your daughter has good taste :o)

Diane - uh-huh. One of the London branch rang me the day of the op to check I was going to take time off, and was delighted to discover I was having a duvet day.

Amy - absolutely!