Tuesday, July 10, 2007

update from Kate and a bit about cameras

Lovely piano lesson yesterday; Frank was pleased with the work I’d done on ‘Yesterday’ and we’re doing a new piece now, Katie Melua’s ‘Closest thing to Crazy’. It looks a bit scary as it’s three manuscript pages, but Frank says there’s a lot of repetition and I’m perfectly capable of doing it. (Nice to have someone with confidence in me!) Also did a bit more on the Med.

Had a lovely email from my agent saying she’d enjoyed my new Modern Extra (still awaiting ed’s verdict – the one thing I find really, really hard to cope with in publishing is waiting – blame it on the ADHD – so am trying hard not to think about it).

Have also been talking cameras with one of my author mates. I’ve used a Canon Ixus for years (and my film camera was also an Ixus) but I need something with a better optical zoom for architectural features, and the lovely Evening News photographer reckoned there isn’t much to choose between Panasonic and Canon on quality if I choose one with image stabilising, and they’re both pretty reliable. I’ve pretty much decided on the Panasonic Lumix TZ3 (the blue one – not that I’m shallow and choosing it on design, but the reviews rate this slightly above my two alternatives, the Lumix FZ8 and the Canon Ixus 850IS, and the latter only has a 3x optical zoom). If anyone has any practical experience out there, I'd be interested to hear your views.

No comments: