Wednesday, July 11, 2007

a quick bit from Kate (and a book recommendation)

Yesterday, I thought it was going to be guitar and then doing some copyediting… but madam’s tummy-ache was worse. So I thought I’d better take her to the GP, just to be safe: is nothing to worry about (GP is v good with her) and she’s going back to school today. Hope I can reschedule my lesson for another day this week. Was feeling a bit out of sorts yesterday (my sleep’s a bit all over the place) so went to bed earlyish with a book. Stupidly thought I could read ‘just a bit’ – I should know better than to do that with a Liz Fielding book! Her August release Reunited: Marriage in a Million is fabulous. Really, really emotional (had me in tears) and I can’t wait to read the other two in the trilogy, from Jackie Braun and Barbara Hannay. As usual, it has a lot of her great humour – but it’s also pretty deep. In some respects, her hero’s conflict rings bells with my heroine’s issues in my current med (great minds think alike –I’d planned this out long before I read Liz’s book) but blimey, I really WASN’T expecting the twist in the plot. I really ached for him. The heroine’s just gorgeous – the kind you’d want to be your friend or your sister.

Liz is having a bit of a party on her blog at the moment, celebrating the RITA Traditional finalists, so do go over and say hello as she has some fabulous people taking part!

And Kate Walker's 50th blog party is still going on, too...

No comments: